A good mattress promises good health. It is essential to consider features before purchasing a mattress. You can never underestimate the purpose of a mattress in your life. Your health also depends on the mattress you choose. It is not an unknown fact that good sleep is necessary for sound health. A perfect nap is determined by many factors and a mattress holds the top position in that list.
This article is trying to help you in the pre-planning phase for mattresses buying. Today we are covering the top Air mattresses and their specifics. You can also find the points in purchasing the right mattress. Go through the information we have gathered here and walk to your desired napping. Happy mattress!!
Here are our top picks for the best air mattresses of 2020:
1. SoundAsleep Dream Series (Editor’s Choice)
SoundAsleep is the best air mattress for everyday use, measuring with dimensions 78” × 58” × 19” and comes in double height. The mattress takes only four minutes to get fully inflated and can be deflated within touch of the pump. The pump is soundless and the is of high 15-gauge PVC material has a high capacity that requires low power consumption.
The dual-chamber manufacturing of the mattress allows people to alter their side of the bed according to their comfort. As the best air mattress under $100, this is water-resistant, multi-layered, and is rip-proof. The grip bottom of the bed ensures stability and anti-sliding.
The mattress comes with a one year warranty and a case that helps you to carry around. The manuals along with the package make it less complicated with the pump and inflation.
2. Coleman Queen Airbed (Best Camping Cot)
Coleman queen airbed comes with a steel cot that gives it a more traditional look. The mattress is water-resistant and firm enough for that perfect nap. Coleman uses a 4D battery supported pump that inflates and deflates the mattress within minutes.
The cot can even be used separately to accommodate one more individual. The cot comes in a fold-able design making transportable and has a weight capacity of 600 pounds. Both the cot and mattress comes in an elevated manner that ensures comfort.
Also Read: Top 10 best Lawn Mowers you should buy
3. Fox Airbeds (Best lightweight air bed)
Fox airbeds are available in Full, Queen, King and Twin air mattress and weigh almost 35 pounds. Manufactured with cotton, silk, and wool makes it durable and comfortable. This airbed suits indoor and outdoor purposes well. The mattress inflation is done by the in-built pump as well as an external pump.
The materials used in the production of this mattress helps it to keep it free from leaks, humidity, and moisture. Fox airbeds come with a 90 days warranty and are available with white top and dark grey bottom. The mattress comes with premium gel foam topper and pillows eliminating the need for purchasing pillows separately.
4. King Koil Queen Raised Air Mattress (Best Inexpensive Air Bed)
King Koil is one of the mattresses that impresses not only with its performances but also by its appearance. This is the best air mattress for bad backs that guarantees comfortable sleep. The size of the mattress measures 80”×60”×20” and is capable of holding 600 pounds of weight.
The airbed comes with a carrying case, a built-in pillow, and a soft topper. The pump that comes with the mattress makes inflation and deflation an easy task of just four minutes. King Koil comes with one year of warranty and is water-resistant.
5. EnerPlex Never-Leak Queen Air Mattress
The EnerPlex Never-Leak mattress arrives with a built-in pump and two-year warranty and also a thirty-day money-back guarantee. A complete refund is offered if not satisfied with the mattress.
This comes as queen and twin size air mattress size that measure 80″×60″×16″ and 75″×4 39″×16″ and respectively. Inflation of the mattress can be done with the built-in pump or with an external pump in under two minutes.
Also Read: BEST STANDING DESKS AND CONVERTERS
6. Intex Comfort Plush Airbed (Best for heavy users)
The Intex air mattress comes with 600 pounds of weight capacity and measures 54”×13”×75” in size. The mattress is 13 inches elevated from the ground and is water-resistant and uses Durabeam technology. Durabeam technology guarantees the durability of the mattress.
It comes with an inbuilt pump that takes only three minutes to inflate the bed. The mattress design is one with comfort in mind. It claims to reduce back problems and provide better sleep at a reasonable price.
7. EZ INFLATE Luxury Double Air Mattress
EZ Inflate is a queen-sized mattress that can hold up to 600 lbs. It features a built-in pump, which inflates the bed in just 90 seconds. This air mattress with a built-in pump is made from an advanced PVC that promises comfort.
It is puncture-resistant and comes with two years of warranty. This best inflatable mattress arrives with dimensions measuring 80” x 60” surface. For superior stability and support, this air mattress is equipped with a powerful coil beam technology.
8. Active Era Air Mattress (Best for neck and head support)
The Active Era Air Mattress has dimensions measuring 60” x 80” x 17” and comes with 35 structured air coils that ensure stability and comfort. The bed boasts of 15-gauge puncture-resistant material that prevents accidental scrapes and scratches.
With the built-in fast inflation pump, this air mattress automatically inflates and deflates at a switch’s flick. The Active Era air mattress is supplied with a manual and a practical travel bag for easy transportation and storage.
This air mattress is available in three different styles — Luxury Camping Queen, Luxury Queen, and Premium Queen. Moreover, there is the 3-inch built-in pillow that offers comfy support to your head and neck.
Also Read: Best self-propelled lawn mowers for hills- Complete reviews and buying the guide
9. Insta-Bed Raised Air Mattress (Best noise-less bed)
The Insta-Bed mattresses come in Twin sized model, and Queen sized model. The Twin size model measures 74″×39″×18,” and the Queen sized come in 78″×60″×19″ with a weight capacity of 350 pounds and 500 pounds accordingly. This PVC made mattress comes with the Never Flat Technology that keeps the bed airtight all night. The comfort options are plush, medium, and firm.
This mattress also comes with two pumps where one helps in inflation and deflation, and the other ensured the pressure is maintained during the night time. The stability is promised by the twenty coils in Twin sized bed and thirty-five coils in Queen sized bed.
10. Etekcity Upgraded Air Mattress (Easiest to setup)
Etekcity air mattress is made up of environmental-friendly PVC that makes it comfortable enough. It is leak-free and comes in the size of an actual bed. It can hold almost 650 pounds of weight. The pump of the mattress inflates the bed within four minutes.
It also comes with a possibility for external pump attachment. The size of the bed measures 80”×60”×22” of dimensions. It comes with a carry bag and has a year warranty along with lifetime support.
Also Read: Top 10 best retractable screen doors to buy
Things to keep in mind before purchasing a mattress:
Always go for the mattress that can provide you the best comfort. Before buying the mattress, give attention to details like the material used and how firm it is. Never look for the price, because the price of the mattress has nothing to do with the comfort it can provide. A thicker air bed can give you more comfort than a thinner one. Even though air beds lose some air overnight, the thickness of the bed ensures that you have all the comfort you need. Keep in mind mattresses are for cozy sleep, choose the one right for you.
Inflated beds come in sizes ranging from Twin, Full, Queen, and King. Choose the right size according to your space availability. Twin and full-size air mattresses are ideal for camping and college hostel rooms. These are big enough for an individual to have the nicest sleep. King is the bigger sized bed that can accommodate a family of four or five. The ideal mattress for a movie night or a sleepover with your kids. They may cost higher than the other types, but these beds are worth paying for. Queen sized is smaller than King-sized and bigger than Twin and Full. It is the most common bed size than many users go for. They fit in your room perfectly without taking some space and manages to meet your needs.
- Try the mattresses before you buy
It may seem to be a bit insane, but before buying a mattress you need to try it out well. It is important to know whether the mattress is cozy enough for you and your partner (if involved). You need to try out your best sleeping position, your sitting position, and may even roll from side to side to make sure the mattress is the one you were looking for. You can look at the firmness of the bed by sitting at its edge, and find out whether it will slide you off or not. It is recommended to spend at least 6-7 minutes for testing out the mattress.
- Air holding capacity and Pump
One of the main concerns while using an air mattress is whether it holds the air over the night. Especially when the use of the bed is outdoors, being exposed to cold temperatures there is a risk of the air being condensed. It means by the course of the night the mattress will not have much air to support your sleep. Make sure the mattresses come with quality manufacturing and designed well enough to avoid leaks and punctures. When it comes to inflating these mattresses, always a hand or foot pump comes in use. But, these days there are mattresses that come with a built-in automatic pump. With these pumps, you may find yourself escaping from the difficulty of manually pumping the mattresses. In addition, to scenarios like the one mentioned above, you may find the automatic re-inflating a blessing during the time.It is really important when coming to use a mattress for you.
A right mattress is one of the key factors for a good sleep. And a night of good sleep is one of the most crucial factors that determine the health of the body. Without proper sleep, your body will be weak and less productive. Your body needs the right amount, and the right quality of rest and a good mattress helps you to create the environment for that desired relaxation. For a perfect night’s sleep, there is nothing better than SoundAsleep Dream Series is the go-to choice. If you want for the outdoors, the Coleman Queen Airbed is a good choice.
Found the information you were looking for? Need us to add more information? We would like to know your feedback. Please comment below your thoughts and suggestions.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. How often should I replace my mattress?
It is recommended to replace your mattresses every 7 or 8 years. However, if your mattress starts creating irritation, back pain or some kind of allergic symptoms, replace the mattress immediately. It all depends on the way you use the mattress, not the years it was in use.
2. How to buy a mattress online?
Even it is a common way to purchase these days, buying online comes with its risks. It is recommended to do your research thoroughly before going forward with one. Find a reputed site with trusted users and make sure they come with the return policy.
3. How to repair air beds?
There is a possibility of having leaks here and there during the use of the mattresses. You can find patches that help or even duct tapes can come in rescue. Locate the leaks and tape it with the store patches.
4. What are the different types of air mattresses?
One of the popular types of air mattresses is Raised mattresses. They are closely similar to traditional mattresses and much easier to get on and down. The second type is the Convertible air bed, and this is the bed that serves as a bed as well as an item of furniture. Then comes the Self-inflated ones, the mattresses that come with an in-built pumping unit for inflation.
5. How to patch an air mattress?
An air mattress is a multi-purpose bed that will give you sound sleep either at your camping or for everyday purposes. These air beds are often prone to leaks, which can be dealt using these following steps:
- Gently push the air bed to locate where the link is by listening to the leak source. Then, highlight the spot with a permanent marker.
- If the method mentioned above fails, try using soap bubbles. Spray the droplets and press the mattress down. You’ll notice soap bubbles being formed where there is a hole. Note the area with a permanent marker.
- Wipe around the area. Clean the area you’ve found the air to be leaking from the inflated mattress and place your patch. Completely deflate air from the bed.
- Use sandpaper for a smooth surface. Using sandpaper, you create a smooth surface, which ensures the surface remains even when patching.
- Patch the air mattress. There are air mattresses that include a patch kit, which can be used in sealing the leak. Nevertheless, these can also be purchased online or from a bicycle store.
- Apply the patch. Cut the patch slightly larger than the hole. Use the provided adhesive on and around the highlighted area. Make sure that you apply in a way that there is no passage of air in between the mattress and the patch.
- Assurance test. Test the patch by placing some weight on the patched surface. Leave your bed unused for a night and inspect for a leak the next morning. If your mattress is inflated, the leak is no more.
6. How to deflate an air mattress?
The process of deflating an air mattress is pretty straightforward. The following steps will help you:
Deflating Air Mattress with Built-in Pump
- If you have an air bed with a built-in pump, flip the switch to “deflate.” Brands have their style of deflating options — some with a button and some with a dial.
- Soon after pressing or turning the dial to deflate, the pump oozes out the mattress’s air. Your bed might take anywhere between 30 seconds to 5 minutes to reduce.
Deflating Air Mattress Using a Separate Pump
- Attach the pump to the valve used to inflate the airbed
- Press the air bed generously and switch the pump to suck the air out.
You also can deflate the air from your mattress without using a pump. All you need to do is exert some of your body pressure on the bed, open the deflating valve, and allow the air to come out. But, this is a time-consuming process.
7. How to blow up an air mattress without a pump?
The air mattress has a seamless process of inflating air without requiring any help from a pump. Here are some methods to blow-up an air mattress:
- By using a vacuum cleaner: Before inflating air with a cleaner, ensure that the cleaner’s hose attachment is free from debris and dust. Place the mattress on the floor and connect the air bed’s nozzle to the vacuum’s hose. Switch the vacuum cleaner to reverse mode. This allows the cleaner to blow air, instead of sucking it.
- By using garbage bags: Get an extra-large garbage bag. Fill it by swinging in the air to trap the air around. Tightly seal the opening and prevent the air from escaping the bag. Connect the garbage bag to your air bed’s valve. Lastly, press the bag to release the air to the mattress via the nozzle.
- By using an air dryer: This is an economical method of blowing air into the mattress. However, this is a tedious and cumbersome task. Squeeze the air from your dryer by setting it on cold air as hot air hampers your air mattress’s quality. Connect the dryer to the nozzle of your bed and wait for it to blow up.