For those of us whose resolution is to get more exercise, running is a very popular option but is there really any difference between treadmill running and outdoor running, and which one’s better?
It is a very debatable topic that has been rounding in health forums for a long. I used to advocate running in the parks until I tried some amazing treadmills and virtual running games. And then my perspective changed!
The incline and decline of roads, rough paths, and sloppy parks can present some hard levels for your workout but they can also be dangerous sometimes and cause a horrible injury, especially when you are a heavy person.
Also, the rising pollution levels have pushed people to stay behind the curtain avoiding roads. In case your weight is above 325 pounds then surely running on concrete surfaces can damage the cartilage in knee joints. The softer the surface, the more joint-friendly it is.
We all have different needs and requirements when it comes to treadmill running. With there being so many available on the market these days, it makes deciding extremely difficult, so I’m here to help.
A lot has changed in fitness regimes and with the advancement of technology, treadmills are no more ordinary running machines now. With there being so much technology available for them or built into them, it just makes things a little bit more interesting now.
So as you are on the hunt for a treadmill for your home then this guide will help you find the perfect match. From Must-have features to my top recommended picks, you will get all in one place.
Must have features in a treadmill
Incorporating fitness is now easy into your daily life. A treadmill is surely a way to enjoy exercise without leaving the comfort of your home. Now the treadmills come with a wide array of extra features. Entertainment options, weight loss tracking, and fun displays make it more fun & intriguing than ever. But I suggest never getting tempted by it.
To be honest, these flashy feature allure you to consider a particular one, however, later on, you find them less useful or unworthy. Then what features should you look into a treadmill? Here I have shared a list of features that your need to prioritize while looking for the best one!
Heavy duty frame
For people who want their treadmill to withstand excess weight then this feature fetches highlight. Treadmill models are in abundance but you must look for one that easily weighs 300-500 pounds.
It’s imperative to heed the specs of every model. Choose the one that can weigh above or equal to 300 pounds. Even if you weigh less than 300 pounds, choosing the heavy-duty model is beneficial as it cope-up right with your increasing weight.
A broad or wider deck
You must have noticed that running deck or tread belts tend to be broad in treadmills of commercial gyms. The basic purpose of installing these is to give comfort to people of all sizes or weights.
However, home treadmills may not contain the same feature, especially budget treadmills. So keep this particular feature as a priority while buying a new one. I suggest the wider running surface is more comfortable than the narrower one.
The narrow deck will make you step off soon during the exercise. If you have walking goals, then a short or narrower belt can be fine. However, if your purpose is running or jogging then surely it should range from 55-60 inches. It must accommodate the natural strides of a person.
Something that you use regularly, must have good warranty terms. Usually, treadmills with a high price range carry the best warranties from the manufacturers. However, it may not be true with all models. The best warranty is based on some factors such as lifetime motor & frame warranty, protection of parts for at least three to seven years, one-year labor protection, and so on.
The warranty decides the durability of the product and makes you relaxed if any issue arises. Begin your healthy schedule with a worthy warranty!
Weight limit of treadmill
Yes, it is essential to check! The treadmills come with some weight limit be it 150-300 lb or 300- 450 lb. Set by manufacturers, these limits decide the maximum weight capacity of a treadmill. So for a heavy person, it’s an essential feature to pop in.
Having a treadmill with the right weight capacity is necessary. But that doesn’t mean a treadmill with lower capacity will break down. It simply means if you purchase a treadmill with less weight limit then it will wear out quicker than the right one. It may cause overheating with the struggle of the engine and probably cause it to malfunction.
So, if you are a heavy-weight person or a few pounds heavier then surely it’s a feature you must look into. Also, by choosing the treadmill with a lower weight limit than your actual weight, then you may eventually face a void of warranty. So, check the terms completely and choose the one that suits your weight class.
Rich running experience
A rich experience and long-time workout depend on the entertainment while spending time on the treadmill. Find out the treadmill where you can enjoy podcasts, watch shows or movies or even read books. The speakers, connectivity, Bluetooth, and many features are worth considering when buying a treadmill.
High horsepower motor
With a high horsepower motor, the life of the treadmill gets enhanced manifold. Every time when you jog or walk, it strains the motor, but if it’s of high horsepower then it goes through less stress. Every footfall may slow down the motor if your weight is more than the treadmill’s weight capacity.
If you consider a 1/2hp motor as the right one, then bro, you are draining your money by purchasing such a treadmill. It’s good to spy for the one that has a minimum of 2.5hp.
Good handle grip
I remember an incident in my childhood that which I fell on the ground after losing my grip on the hills. You wouldn’t want the same on your treadmill, of course! So, the grip of handles is also quite important to consider. Especially when you jog or run then it becomes essential to grab handles for good performance.
Best 10 Treadmills for heavy persons
1. Life Fitness T5TC XX00 0104 Treadmill
- Maximum weight capacity 350 pounds
- Shock absorption system to assist joints and reduce stress
- Freedom of movement with an ultimate running surface of 60” x 22”
- Features technology that saves energy efficiently
- 12 miles per hour maximum speed
- Personalized running experience with adjustable running terrains
This super-cool treadmill by Life Fitness is one of the best options for heavy guys. It’s none less than your personal trainer that doesn’t just help in recalling your jog & walk speed, but also gives you a personalized experience.
The running surface firmness setting provides sheer personalized workout programs to you. Just with one touch, you get the option to pick dozens of programs. I love the feature of recalling my jog & run speeds, preferred walk, and workout routine to improve further. The adjustable running terrains, multiple programs, and the whole personalized experience, all are in just one touch of a button.
I was amazed at its speed per hour, considering the weight capacity. Compared with other treadmills, it is heavier and has a weight of 436 pounds, still, it keeps up & even provides better results than other models of the same weight. The users get extreme comfort while their work out.
This particular one suits all the needs of a heavy as well as a tall person. The longer stride movements, spacious running surface, and all other features have been incorporated by considering the needs of every individual. The user with a max of 350 pounds of weight can enjoy their workout with comfort on this treadmill.
The smart technology quickly starts your workout by remembering your preferred speeds of running, jogging, and walking. The dual-zone feature makes it even more enjoyable.
The entertainment zone lets you place the tablet or smartphone firmly to enjoy videos or music while your work out. However, the workout zone keeps a record of your performance. When it’s not in use, then the smart self-illuminating lights automatically get dim. However, it brightens up when you are using it.
Do a more enjoyable workout with a Bluetooth connection that enhances your experience by getting connected to many other apps. Also by login into the LFconnect app, you can sync the apps you want and get the most intriguing experience ever.
2. LifeSpan Fitness TR3000i Touch Folding Treadmill
- 7” display screen provides freedom to choose multiple dashboard themes
- Customize your speed with Quick Draw Technology
- 21 easy-to-use programs for exercise to stay fit & burn fat
- Gentle workout experience with 8 compression shock absorbers
- Users with 350 pounds of weight can use it effortlessly & turn their fitness goals into reality
If you are looking for a fairly compact treadmill that is easy on your joints then this one is a super cool model. I was amazed at the results. In part of durability, sturdiness, comfort level, and powerful results, it stands the test quite well.
It is not bulky or overly big compared to most the treadmills of same weight capacity. The large running belt is well-suitable for heavy users of up to 350 lbs weight capacity. It is one of the ideal options for serious obese runners.
Putting the parts together is quite easy. You can organize it well by following the easily mentioned directions. Make sure you have enough space that you will need while unfolding the box. Just read the manual and get it fitted without any problem at all.
However, after organizing the parts, you wouldn’t require much space to install them as this particular one suits even the small spaces elegantly. The best part is you can fold it anytime, store it anywhere and then unfold it to use. It’s quite a space-efficient product. Also, the transport wheels make it easy to take the rolled treadmill to the desired location.
The versatility will amaze you. The in-built technology lets you choose any program from 21 varied workout programs. I recommend it for not just monitoring the progress, but also for keeping track of the calories burnt. Moreover, it records the overall training time and speed at which you are exercising. Its shock absorption feature lets you run, jog or walk freely.
You don’t feel any stress on your back, joints, and knees with eight shock absorbers present in this. Its all-steel frame is quite good to give a comfortable and lasting experience.
3. Xterra Fitness TRX3500
- It provides 12 levels of incline that perfectly suited for beginners and intense fitness enthusiasts
- Handlebar-mounted pulse sensor keeps a check on precise intensity and monitors heart rate
- Tuck away the treadmill after a workout with easy foldable options
- Holds weight up to 350 lbs
- It provides you the Bluetooth connectivity, you can directly stream your audio entertainment to the treadmill speakers and use third-party apps to satiate your entertainment needs
For the best tread experience, Xterra Fitness TRX3500 is one of the best options. This is a reliable unit that fits your budget as well. The preset 30 programs ensure a great workout experience. Bundled with the self-folding frame, easy Bluetooth connectivity, stereo speakers and many more features make it stand tall in the top 10 options.
You have surely noticed that most treadmills come with a touchscreen panel. But not all of them stay at par with the expectations. This model comes with a wide display touch screen that also permits you to flip between varied programs and stay updated with your health.
It’s perfect to increase metabolic rate, burning calories, amping up muscle strength, and raising cardiovascular conditioning levels. With 12 levels of incline, you get all one treadmill that you can use for beginner, intermediate, or intense-level workouts. With top-notch technology, these transitions are so smooth and faster than ever before. The built-in tablet holder keeps you entertained by holding a magazine, book, or tablet easily on that.
Also Read: Best Walking Treadmills for Home Use: Tested
4. Horizon Fitness 7.8 Smart Treadmill
- 375-pound weight capacity, so suitable for a heavy person
- QuickDial control feature simplifies adjustments and speed
- The cushioning of Shock absorption technology supports every stride gracefully
- The space-efficient FeatherLight hydraulic folding is a pro
- The smoother speed with Rapid Sync technology
- Provide the comfort and space you need at your required pace
- Stream music, podcasts, and movies with easy connectivity
For an immersive workout, I recommend my next pick, Horizon Fitness 7.0 treadmill. At less price, if you demand your workout to be more versatile and flexible then this is what you need at home.
Its powerful motor, 60 inches cushioned deck, flawless connectivity features makes it stand tall amid all other options available in the market. The powerful motor empowers your exercise and lets you have a more efficient experience than ever.
The one-touch speed helps you change as per your desired measures. Now syncing with your gadget is no big deal. Bluetooth connectivity lets you enjoy your favorite videos and music without any interruption. The device holder keeps your gadget safe even while jogging at full speed, that too without causing any strain or stress to the eyes.
For intense support in all phases, the variable Response cushioning is a pro. The QuickDial controls give you the freedom to simplify adjustments. You can experience a smooth workout by making adjustments without even breaking the stride.
I have noticed the point of worry for many people is an installment of the treadmill. The space issue is the real issue. But this foldable treadmill by Horizon Fitness is a sigh of relief. You can keep it anywhere with a one-step folding system.
You can select any pre-programmed workout such as distance, calorie, hill climb, fat burn, or any other as per your choice. Whatever your fitness goals are, all such sort of programs are available for better workout outcomes.
Keep yourself entertained with an efficient & smooth workout on the Horizon Fitness 7.8 treadmill. Without any worry or stress, you can fetch your fitness goals quicker with a durable, advanced, and compact treadmill model.
5. Exerpeutic TF900 – Best Budget Option (350 Pound Capacity)
- With high capacity, it’s suitable for heavy persons and holds up to 350 pounds
- Fully secured exercise with long handrails and solid grip
- Convenient storage, folding frame, and solid wheels for portability
- Easy to assemble and use
If you are looking for all features in a treadmill that too without shedding your money then this one is simply for you. This treadmill boasts world-class features and a high weight capacity of 350 pounds that too in quite an affordable range.
With a low price, you would simply expect a treadmill low on functions too. But an exception to this perception, this treadmill is high on functionality. Its LCD displays distance, calories burnt, time, speed, pulse, and many more. So, it keeps you updated on your health and helps you fetch fitness goals in desired time.
I feel unboxing and assembling are quite easy on this treadmill. I hardly had to do anything for assembling it. It was just about attaching the monitor and you are done. It comes almost completely assembled and takes hardly 30 mins for getting it done.
Another part that I admire is its price range. With a weight capacity of 350 pounds, it comes in such an affordable range. For comparison, if you see treadmills under $500 you wouldn’t get these features and weight capacity in any of them.
Usually, obese guys worry about their joint pains and don’t prefer treadmills for fear to increase joint stress. However, an exception to this, the Exerpeutic TF900 treadmill maintains a 4mph speed that besides being easy on your joints, burns more calories.
It’s a good walking-to-fitness tool with high capacity and good results. You can trust this one for a more comfortable workout experience. Especially for the ones who are 60 plus and have more weight then this one is a safe, affordable, and easy-to-go treadmill. I highly recommend it to heavy guys over 300 lbs. This affordable model outshines all others.
6. 3G Cardio Pro Runner Treadmill
- Powerful motor with a maximum speed of 12 mph
- Shock suspension system for no joint straining or stress
- The maximum weight it can take is up to 350 lb
- Change speed with just one press of the button
- 3 display screens that keep you updated with your health & fitness updates
If durability, stability, and comfort are your top consideration then this 3G Cardio Pro Runner is a perfect fit for you. Its robust construction boasts durability and does not sacrifice stability even if you workout regularly for long hours.
Its console is fully compatible with the users’ needs as it offers them different workout programs. These built-in programs are specifically designed by keeping the specific fitness needs of the user. Workout on this treadmill becomes more interesting for users when supported by their favorite music.
If you’re a little bit more goal-oriented, maybe have some targets in mind. You just want to make sure that that treadmill does meet your demands. Then finally, if you are more performance orientated, well, I would really recommend that you actually look into this treadmill for that ultimate experience, or at the very least, go for the more accurate options in third-party connectivity.
It is user-friendly, as it is built with shockproof technology, thereby making the least effect on joints while exercising. It comes on the top list of Obese users just because of its incorporated shock absorption technology, also it enables them to run smoothly without worrying about muscle or joint pain.
Another exciting feature is that it is run by a motor of 3.0 HP. It offers speed adjustments to users to help them fetch fitness in their way & speed. With just one tap-on button, you can make your workout even more challenging with a 15% incline.
It has an LCD display which helps the user easily access the data related to their time, distance, and calories burned in the workout sessions. Besides, it offers supportive holders for smartphones and bottles. The cooling fan further enhances your overall experience.
Most of the folding treadmills are not at par with quality but this one is highly suitable for home use. You can fold it, transfer and use it anywhere you want and that too without deteriorating its quality.
I have seen many treadmills that offer the best features but lack their superiority because of disturbing sound. Thankfully, this one is quite fast and doesn’t produce any disturbing sound that elevates your experience manifold.
7. Sunny Health & Fitness T7643 Treadmill
- Powerful 2.5 HP Motor
- 350 lbs weight capacity
- Hydraulic folding system
- Digital monitor to keep everything under control & keep you updated
- Ample running space (44.5L x 19.5W) for a comfortable experience
- Easily movable with wheels installed at the base
- Emergency stop clip for immediately stopping the machine
Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T7643 is a pretty advanced treadmill that is specially designed for home cardio with different speed ranges. Whether you are a diabetic, a seasoned marathon runner, or a regular user, this machine offers multiple levels of auto inclination to suit your workout chart.
I was amazed by its shock absorption technology and firm cushioning which ensures shock absorption so you enjoy a variety of levels without stressing your knees and ankles. The speed variation ranges from 1 to 6 miles/hr, which I believe is good enough to suit the needs of all kinds of users of different ages and abilities, especially beginners.
The LCD panel is user-friendly and interactive, it displays almost all the needed metrics like your speed, the distance covered, time is taken, your pulse, and measures the calories you burn. After trying this amazing machine I can vouch for its safety and durability. It comes with a good running surface to offer a stable and comfortable running experience.
Not all treadmills are quite so easily moved or easy to tuck away. Trust me, having moved a few in my time, pretty hard work. Durafit Panther comes with easy wheels installed at its base and a vertical folding system which makes it very easy to fold and move it to a corner after your workout session.
8. Bowflex Treadmill Series
- Hold weight up to 375 lbs
- 15% motorized incline for a better experience
- 7-inch wide HD screen to display Time, Speed, Distance, Calories, and Pulse
- The wide running surface of 20” x 60” for a comfortable workout
- Bluetooth speakers and wireless Bluetooth armband
Now, there is one more treadmill that we have yet to feature and it’s on the increase in terms of popularity. Bowflex treadmill is really a good one for those who aspire to have extra & advanced features in their treadmill. Designed for in-home cardio workouts, it supports different speed options for walking, jogging, or running. It speeds up to 12 mph and that’s I think ideal for people of any ability, speed, and age.
I found its running deck so lightweight and smooth with a decent shock-absorbing design. Its 7-inch wide LCD display keeps track of your speed, distance, time, pulse, and calories burnt and helps you change your workout levels.
The handrail buttons are very easy to use. You can enjoy your favorite music with a built-in MP3 player. A heart rate sensor is also provided at the handrail to monitor your pulse. And yes, the heart rate sensor presents real-time and accurate data to ensure you keep a check on your heartbeat while you work out.
Another thing that impressed me is the portability and effortless mobility of this machine as it comes with built-in front transportation wheels and an upright-folding system, you can easily store it in a corner of your home. The soft drop system helps in unfolding it smoothly.
The JRNY membership provides access to many apps and you get access to Disney plus Hotstar, Netflix, and many more that adds to your workout experience. Also, you get the chance to explore the world with 40+ scenic destinations which I think is a booster for obese guys who start finding workouts as a monotonous pursuit. It’s the best way to keep them engaged & motivated.
9. OMA Treadmill for Home 6134EAI
- 350 lbs maximum weight capacity
- Foldable hydraulic deck design for easy storage
- 15% incline that makes the workout suitable for everyone’s needs
- 3 modes with 43 programs make it the most amazing experience
- Super cool Bluetooth connectivity that provides an uninterrupted experience
The running belt is 1.8 mm thick which makes it quite durable and it comes with a special friction coating to add traction for better stability. To ensure safe usage it also features an emergency stop key with a smooth stop system.
It comes with a built-in MP3 player, loudspeakers, and an AUX plug, so you need not bounce headphones on your head to enjoy your favorite music when you run.
OMA treadmill 6134EAI is loaded with multi-function utility which is powered by a 3.5 Horsepower motor (supporting the speed of 12.4 MHP peak). This running machine is an effective way to burn extra calories and achieve a healthy lifestyle. Its anti-slip textured running belt is designed with a high-density lawn texture that absorbs shock for premium comfort to ensure maximum safety.
The large four-layer running belt with a size of 60 x 22 inches leaves users with plenty of space to comfortably walk, run or sprint. There are 43 programs to choose different workout levels that suit your requirements. Manual mode settings of speed, distance, time, and calories can also be used for customized workouts.
Equipped with a large LCD display, this machine helps you to keep a track of your calories burned, distance traveled, speed, and heart rate. I personally admire its interactive console which is very easy to use and you can effortlessly switch between multiple workout modes with this. Different incline features help you to up your game as you can easily simulate jogging or walking uphill to burn some extra calories at the same time.
The space-saving folding design and the vertical hydraulic system at the base of the treadmill ensure that the treadmill can be easily folded and unfolded without any strain and can be stored in a small space.
10. Sole Fitness F80 Folding Treadmill – Best High Capacity Folding Treadmill
- The ergonomic controls make it super-easy and smooth to use.
- Foldable and easy to store & transport
- Build-in entertainment options to keep you engaged
- Have 15 levels of speeds and an incline that’s perfect for seasoned runners and beginners
- Best for users weighing 375 pounds maximum
Sole Fitness F80 treadmill beats many other treadmills that compete in the same price range. This all-around treadmill boasts the best features, 350 lb. weight capacity, affordable price range, and provides everything you look for in a treadmill. Whether it’s about money, longevity, or performance, you will find this treadmill the best one.
Usually, I have seen treadmills fulfill one level of fitness and once you get that goal achieved then you have to purchase another one. But this versatile option suits all your demands. Whether you are a newbie or an experienced jogger, it will fulfill all your needs to keep you fit at any speed you want.
The super robust base, wide track, and strong frame are the best to jog smoothly without any worry. Its sturdy construction makes it a durable piece with lasting results and accommodates the jogging needs of heavy users.
Besides, you wouldn’t have to worry about space to keep it. This folding model requires minimum space to store & fix. Another value addition is its powerful motor that keeps up with your jogging or running requirements and ensures proper functionality.
The pre-loaded programs keep you engaged and up-to-date. The extra-large LCD screen elevates the experience manifold. The healthy buddies usually worry about knee stress and pain, but this treadmill’s ergonomic design specifically provides ample cushioning & support to knees. They do not remain at risk for knee strains. The huge LCD screen is again a pro. You can choose any workout program and enjoy it!
Why a treadmill is essential for heavy people?
That’s obvious to ask! When you have a plethora of options then why a treadmill? Well, you get wonder after knowing the reasons. How quickly it brings your body into shape is something amazing! Here are the top reasons that support a treadmill for a heavy person!
- Variable intensity
The best benefit a treadmill offers is that you can make changes as you require. You do not need to hurry to get back home as you usually do while jogging or walking outside. You can easily set the speed that suits you and stop whenever you require.
Even walking on a treadmill will be beneficial for your health if you are obese. It encourages fat loss, controls type 2 diabetes, reduces heart disease risks, and even lowers blood pressure. So, with your choice of speed and timing, you can make changes and get benefits.
- Knee friendly
I have seen heavy people face knee problems. Ankle and knee pain is quite common among them because of being overweight. It’s the major reason that they don’t choose exercise to burn fat. But the treadmill breaks all myths.
The shock-absorbing technology of treadmills supports knees and avoids stress on them. It makes it comfortable for you to exercise and lose weight. Yes, it doesn’t mean your joint pains will vanish completely, but you will surely get a better option than walking or running outside.
- Workout in your comfort zone
I have seen people skipping their workout because of worry to get dressed for stepping outside or getting noticed while dripping with sweat and many other thoughts. For them, home-based workouts or hopping on a treadmill is as easy as pie.
You do not need to think about or get prepared for your workout session. In fact, without leaving your comfort zone, you will be able to fetch your fitness goals easily on a treadmill.
- A combo of exercise & entertainment
It’s quite obvious to feel monotonous while exercising. When you’re a fat guy, you need some enticement to stay motivated for exercising. Luckily, the treadmill has all such features to keep you engaged.
You can listen to an audiobook, podcasts, or music, watch movies and even read anything you want while exercising. It helps you stay engaged, and have fun while exercising without any stress or monotony.
Points to remember while choosing one!
If you haven’t used a treadmill before, maybe you can try one out at a local gym or ask a friend if you can try theirs out. There are some reasons why you might want to choose an expensive treadmill: to get more features, to get better features, it may last longer, it may support heavier users, it may be more aesthetically pleasing, and so on.
They come in different types and offer different features like motorized, non-motorized, Bluetooth, interactive, fold-up, and so on. Yes, that’s right, there are a load of different treadmills out there available to you to buy, but which one is right for your running style, your available space, and of course, your budget? If you’re thinking about choosing a treadmill for your home, here are some important things you need to consider.
- If you use a treadmill where you’re performing the same action again and again it might leave a strain on your joints and ligaments, it’s a good idea to blend it a bit by varying the speed and incline. So you need to check whether the treadmill offers multiple workout modes, speed presets, or incline features.
- It’s definitely worth checking the top speed of the treadmill, particularly if you’re someone that is looking to do reps or intervals at this sharp end. Lots of treadmills designed for walking only will go 6.5-10 kmph, and most treadmills for running will go 16-19 kmph.
- With the lower price points, what you get is a treadmill with slightly less power in the motor. That means that they may only be able to go at something like 15 kilometers an hour, which may be plenty for some people out there. As you go up the price point, that’s normally reflected by the power of the motor and the build quality. With those, you might find them going up to something in the region of 18 to 20 kilometers an hour, which is probably what you’ll find on most gym treadmills.
- How much will it incline or decline? What’s the steepest you want to walk or run uphill and downhill? Some inexpensive treadmills don’t provide changing inclines, but most medium or better-quality treadmills at least provide some incline. I think one reason a lot of people like treadmills with high inclines is that they can walk uphill and burn as many calories as they do when running flat, but with less stress on their knees. High inclines are also very good for athletic training.
- Will it track your performance over time and show you charts of your progress? That can help provide long-term motivation to keep up your workouts. For some people, that might make the difference between whether they keep using their treadmill or whether it just collects dust.
- How easy is it on the knees? Many treadmills offer a flexible deck that bends a little when you’re walking and bends more when you’re running, to reduce the shock of each step to your knees. This may make walking and run on that kind of treadmill safer than walking or running outdoors.
- How much weight will it bear when walking? What’s the highest weight among everyone who might use your treadmill? Your treadmill needs to support a user that weighs at least that much, because if the motor isn’t powerful enough, it may not turn the belt, or it might overheat the motor or other parts until it shakes and breaks.
- How long will it last? What does the warranty cover, and for how long? Will the warranty provide someone to come to your house to repair the treadmill? If not, are you prepared to pay a repairman to come to your house? Commercial treadmills designed for gyms are built more ruggedly than home treadmills. They generally use thicker, heavier frames, and have more powerful motors.
This may not be important if you’re lightweight or won’t use your treadmill every day, but if you’re a heavyweight and use your treadmill every day, a treadmill designed for typical home use may not last long. Likewise, if you try to start a low-budget gym using home treadmills, they may quickly fail when used by multiple people all day every day.
- Does it fold to reduce space when not in use? You can easily fold up the deck on many home treadmills, and it will take about half the space it needs while in use. That can be very nice if your treadmill is in a room without a lot of space. Commercial treadmills, however, with their heavier, stronger frames, are not only bigger, but they also won’t fold.
- How loud is it? Most treadmills aren’t very loud, but I think most commercial treadmills tend to be a little louder than most home treadmills, most treadmills are louder the faster they go, and belt-and-deck treadmills tend to be louder than slat-belt treadmills. If you want to run fast on a treadmill, and the noise bothers someone else at home, you might want to do your treadmill workouts when they’re not nearby.
- Which built-in programs does it have? All treadmills will let you decide when and if to change the speed and incline, but some provide programs that will change those for you for various reasons. In terms of their features and functions, there are very capable treadmills. Although, it’s worth noting that for them to be easily moved, tucked away, or folded up, they can be a little less steady, which may decrease their retail price, perhaps also their durability.
For instance, if you have a heart rate monitor connected to the treadmill, it can increase or decrease the speed to keep your heart rate in a specific target range. The most advanced treadmills offer pre-programmed, semi-randomized, adaptive, and custom workouts, plus a variety of standardized performance tests.
- Does it have entertainment? Boredom can kill your desire to work out. You can always watch a nearby TV or something to fight off boredom, but I think having a wide variety of entertainment options built into a treadmill’s console can help motivate you to get on and get going more than non-built-in options.
- What about space? Having seen a load of your pain caves that you guys have kindly sent to us over the past couple of years, space can quite often be a factor. For that reason, many of you have opted for the slightly more compact and even foldable treadmills. If this is something that you’re after, make sure that you do your research prior to purchasing.
- If you’re looking to connect up to virtual running games, scenes, or platforms like Zwift or any third-party apps, you need to buy a compatible treadmill with Bluetooth connectivity and can use some of those wearables like the foot pod, or even that run treadmill tracker, or just an app on your phone.
If you’re still sitting here scratching your head, let me try one last thing, let’s figure out what your ambitions are as a runner. If you’re just looking to improve your general fitness and just looking to do some easy miles on the treadmill, well, you don’t necessarily need all the bells and whistles.
Having all these complicated features in mind one can be easily confused in deciding what kind of treadmill he needs and which model would fulfill his requirements. This list of the best treadmills in India is compiled with a motive to help you out with these confusing terms and can help you in making the right decision. Well, I’ve personally tested these treadmills for myself and have reviewed their basic features and told you something that’s converted me to treadmill running.
To shed some pounds, I always prefer treadmills. It’s my favorite way to lose weight and improve my cardio. Besides charting the progress, it keeps me on track by measuring performance.
I know how tiring it is to thumb various options, go through their specs, and choose the best one. Hopefully, this space will ease your search. Amid all these 10 top options, LifeSpan Fitness TR3000i Touch Folding Treadmill is the most heavy-duty model that I prefer & recommend. You get more than a just rehab experience by having this one installed at your home.
If you are serious about your fitness and want to lose fat then treadmills are surely the best options ever. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s start jogging!
Q: What is the ideal time frame for exercise on a treadmill?
A: There’s no hard & fast rule for the time you spend. It possibly depends on your fitness goals, your fitness level, and your routines. 20 mins jogging or walking per day is considered an ideal start. You can elevate your physical activity to moderate-intense by increasing your jogging time.
Q: Is the treadmill helpful in losing weight & belly fat?
A: Running on a treadmill is much easier & safer on joints than running outdoors. As per the studies, it’s quite an applauding way to lose weight and burn fat. It invests in your health and keeps you fit like never before.
Q: Are treadmills bad for the knees of obese ones?
A: Jogging & running leaves a greater impact and leads to knee pain, especially in overweight people. So, it’s quite an obvious question to ask! Fat guys feel the strain on their ankles and knees while exercising. But the underlying fact is because of their overweight they already suffer from such pains.
The studies show that it is obesity that causes pain & load on knees and not the exercise itself. In fact, obese guys can feel relieved of pain by continuing light exercises.
However, here we are talking about treadmills. The main catch is about the accommodation of treadmills with a heavy weight capacity. It perfectly stands the test. With a shock absorption system and cushioned treadmill, the impact on knees remains quite low.
These facts show treadmills are not bad for knees in any term if you find a treadmill with the right weight capacity that withstands your weight.
Finding treadmills with high weight capacity from 400-500 lb. is not difficult but you have to shell out excessive money on having that. However, the options from 325-400 lb. capacity are affordable.
Q: Why should I prefer a treadmill over running outside?
A: One major benefit of treadmill running is that it reduces the impact much better than running on the street or other outdoor surfaces. Unlike hard surfaces outside, treadmills are cushioned that provide sheer protection to your back, ankles, and knees.
- Your treadmills your rules! From choosing everything you like, you can prefer running, jogging, or walking anytime and that too in the cozy ambiance of your home.
- You can hop on that running machine even at two in the morning if you feel like it. Just imagine what it would mean to run outdoors at that time of night you could get mugged, hit by a drunk driver, or who knows what else.
- Treadmills were actually invented so that we don’t need to go out and we can jog at our convenience. Modern treadmills and virtual running setups feature different levels and realistic scenes without worrying about polluted air and inconsistent weather patterns.
- Treadmills allow you to run uninterrupted, particularly important if you live in a built-up area. They allow you to run whenever regardless of the light or conditions outside.
- They allow you to get quality workouts in, they allow you to be efficient with your time. It seems that running machines are everywhere today – movies, TV shows, even your friends’ houses but there’s a reason they’re so popular – they provide a wide range of benefits.
Treadmills are practical tools if your mobility is challenged. For instance, if anyhow you are suffering from any health condition like arthritis or another health condition then simply walking on the treadmill helps you improve mobility, flexibility, and range of motion.
Q: Which is the best treadmill workout for losing belly fat?
A: It entirely depends on the fitness goals of the user. You want to tone leg muscles or lose weight or whatever your particular purpose is, the workout depends on that. For ease, the built-in features of the machine and the apps installed on that are available to guide you and help you fetch your fitness goals.
Q: Does installing a treadmill mean running or jogging only?
A: Usually, people assume that a treadmill is simply meant for jogging, sweating, running, and panting. It sounds like something challenging for heavy people. But that’s just one side of the coin!
As per the studies, with simple walking on a treadmill, obese ones can burn calories. Also, it’s the best place to start! Initially, walking comes into the picture, not running.
So, starting from walking, you can add light running to your exercise routine.