If anything that needs to be taken care of, then it is your eyewear. Glasses are costly, and paying for their damages is even more expensive. When it comes to eyeglasses, the struggle is real. One of the ways to take care of your spectacles is with the best eyeglass cleaner, which cleans them effectively.
With so many ranges of cleaning products in the market, it can be overwhelming to decide with the right choice. Today, we are introducing the best eyeglass cleaners in 2021. Study the list presented below and go for the perfect product that meets your requirements.
- 1 What is an eyeglass cleaner?
- 1.1 1. Vius Premium Lens Cleaner
- 1.2 Pros & Cons
- 1.3 2. iSonic CSGJ01-8 OZx2 Eyeglass Cleaner
- 1.4 Pros & Cons
- 1.5 3. Better Seeing Lens Cleaner
- 1.6 Pros & Cons
- 1.7 4. Calyptus Eyeglass Lens Cleaner Spray Care Kit
- 1.8 Pros & Cons
- 1.9 5. Flents Wipe ‘N Clear Eyeglass Lens Cleaner
- 1.10 Pros & Cons
- 1.11 6. Ultra Clarity Eyeglass Cleaning Spray
- 1.12 Pros & Cons
- 1.13 7. Zeiss Lens Care Kit
- 1.14 Pros & Cons
- 1.15 8. Koala Kleaner Eyeglass Lens Cleaner Spray
- 1.16 Pros & Cons
- 1.17 9. Cleanix Glasses Cleaner Kit
- 1.18 Pros & Cons
- 1.19 10. Care Touch Lens Cleaning Wipes
- 1.20 Pros & Cons
- 1.21 11. Peeps Carbon Eyeglass Cleaner
- 1.22 Pros & Cons
- 1.23 12. Leader C-Clear Lens Cleaning Solution
- 1.24 Pros & Cons
- 1.25 13. Optix 55 Glasses Cleaner Kit
- 1.26 Pros & Cons
- 1.27 14. Peeper Keepers Eyeglass Cleaner
- 1.28 Pros & Cons
- 2 15. Carl Zeiss Lens Cleaning Spray
- 3 How to clean your glasses?
- 4 Homemade Eyeglass Cleaner Recipe
- 5 CONCLUSION
- 6 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is an eyeglass cleaner?
Eyeglass cleaner is a vital tool that is handy in keeping your glasses’ lens clean. The market currently is flooded with wide varieties of cleaners, which include eyeglass cleaning liquid, eyeglass cleaner anti-reflective cloth, and wipes.
Reliable and quality eyeglass lens cleaner are imperative in safely cleaning your eyewear, in case they contact grease, dust, and dirt. Without further ado, here is a list of the best eyeglass cleaners that currently available in the market.
1. Vius Premium Lens Cleaner
Equipped with quality features and benefits, the Vius cleaner is safe, biodegradable, and odorless eyeglass cleaner. Coming in a convenient 8oz spray bottle, this eyeglass spray offers composed cleaning that is handy at multiple times.
This lens cleaner slurps dust, dirt, and oil from eyeglasses, while also safeguarding your lens from forthcoming scratches. With no presence of alcohol, sulfates, ammonia or phosphates, this cleaning spray is multi-purpose spray without including any aforementioned harmful chemicals.
Available in four different variants, the Vius Premium Lens Cleaner is reasonably priced and perhaps the safest option to stick to.
2. iSonic CSGJ01-8 OZx2 Eyeglass Cleaner
Coming in a pack of two bottles, iSonic Eyeglass is a good option for cleaning your glasses. Works effortlessly in removing fingerprints and smudges from the lens, this cleaning spray is admired for the sparkles it brings on all surfaces. Affordable and efficient, iSonic’s bottle of cleaning spray is lauded by users and is among the best-selling cleaners on leading e-commerce sites.
What’s more, the iSonic Eyeglass assists works well on jewelry as well. Costing less than 15$, iSonic CSGJ01 has been tried and tested on various applications.
3. Better Seeing Lens Cleaner
Better Seeing Eyeglass Cleaner kit works on both prescription glasses and sunglasses as well. Also, we consider this product as the best sunglass cleaner. It even works well for screens like Television, smartphone, laptop, and your computer.
Also, this cleaning spray arrives with a microfiber cloth that makes the cleaner more efficient. This includes the best microfiber cleaning cloth that does prove its worth in sparkling almost any glass surface. Moreover, Better Seeing’s bottle of cleaning spray is ammonia-free and is used by professional photographers in cleaning lenses before essential photo shoots.
4. Calyptus Eyeglass Lens Cleaner Spray Care Kit
Comprising of plant-based ingredients, Calyptus Eyeglass Lens Cleaner is non-toxic, biodegradable, and safe for use on any surface. This eyeglass cleaning kit is a multi-purpose tool that can be utilized for cleaning eyeglasses, camera lenses, and electronic devices like smartphones, laptops, monitors, and car touch screens.
Available in two different sizes with cloths, Calyptus Eyeglass Lens Cleaner is safe for all types of lenses, including anti-reflective AR coatings.
5. Flents Wipe ‘N Clear Eyeglass Lens Cleaner
Made to avert static formation on any surface, Flents Wipe ‘N Clear Eyeglass Lens Cleaner holds quality materials in an 8 oz bottle. Convenient and compact, this cleaning bottle sits comfortably in your pockets, purses, and bags. With customer reviews and our use, this cleaning solution does not harm the skin.
Available in four different styles, Flents Wipe ‘N Clear is compelling on both glass and plastic surfaces. Also, you get 50 paper lens wipes for on-the-go cleaning.
6. Ultra Clarity Eyeglass Cleaning Spray
One of the top cleaners currently available in the market, Ultra Clarity Eyeglass Cleaning Spray, comes with a refill bottle too. Consisting of a biodegradable formula, this cleaning spray is safe for your skin and is strong enough for refined cleaning.
Suitable on all kinds of lenses, including prescribed and professional ones, Ultra Clarity’s kit never disappoints on any surface. Supported by a professional formula, this spraying kit removes skin oils, dust, smudges, and dirt from screen surfaces.
Also read: Top 10 best stepmills to buy this year.
7. Zeiss Lens Care Kit
Coming in two 8 oz bottles, Zeiss Lens Care Kit is ideally the best solution to remove dirt and smudges from smartphones, laptops, camera lens, and eyewear lenses. With a combo of two bottles, this cleaning kit also comprises of a microfiber cloth. Furthermore, this cleaning solution is handy in cleaning surfaces without leaving any glare coating.
As a trusted brand in this sector, Zeiss has manufactured this product with a non-aggressive formula, which ensures the safe cleaning of your glasses. Besides, there is no presence of ammonia, which is a harmful component for a cleaner as it leads to damaging the lens.
8. Koala Kleaner Eyeglass Lens Cleaner Spray
Known for quality and supported with Koala Lifetime Promise, the Koala Kleaner Eyeglass Lens Cleaner Spray is safe and gentle on all types of screens and lenses. Koala’s Kleaner Eyeglass Spray is free of toxic and harsh substances, while it also is 100% alcohol and ammonia-free.
This cleaning spray is not limited to just wiping stains of your lenses; it further can be used on laptops — smartphones, car touch screens, etc. Available in multiple sizes, Koala Kleaner is a handy tool that can be carried around comfortably and effortlessly. Moreover, with every purchase of Koala’s cleaning spray, you are delivered two bottles alongside a microfiber Koala cloth.
9. Cleanix Glasses Cleaner Kit
Arriving in a combo, the Cleanix Glasser Cleaner Kit comprises a cloth that effectively cleans optical devices, including smartphones and laptop screens. Cleanix Glasses kit features an aesthetically-pleasing pouch that can hold both bottle and cloth, which allows you to conveniently open and close. This alleviates your problem of carrying both products in different pockets.
Also, we recommend this as a solution to clean screens of your electronic devices, including iPads, tablets, etc. Cleanix Glasses Cleaner Kit is available in four different variants, with each kit satisfying your need.
10. Care Touch Lens Cleaning Wipes
In the number ten spot, we have pre-moistened cleaning wipes from Care Touch. Unlike all the other products listed here, this arrives in a box of 210 Count and 410 Count of cleaning wipes. Touted as the best eyeglass cleaner for coated lens, Care Touch Lens is ammonia and alcohol-free.
The brand further asserts that it will not damage plastic or glass surfaces or any coatings. Besides, Care Touch offers a refill bottle that is missing in other major brands. It also helps you in preventing your cleaning surfaces from corroding.
11. Peeps Carbon Eyeglass Cleaner
Convenient on all forms of lenses, Peeps Carbon Klean is a quality lens that cleans all surfaces without using fluids or disposable wipes. With 25% of carbon, this eyeglass cleaner reduces the lens surface static. This further helps the lens from yielding in hazardous airborne particles.
Taking cue of avant-garde facilities, Peeps Carbon Eyeglass Cleaner is effective and sturdy in cleaning all glasses. Available in a compact size, Peeps Glasses Cleaner can be carried around anywhere easily. Moreover, this kit is available in seven different visually-appealing colors.
A Quick Video about Carbon Eyeglass Cleaner by Peeps™
12. Leader C-Clear Lens Cleaning Solution
Arriving in the form of a silicone-free and alcohol-free liquid, Leader C-Clear Lens cleaning kit is the safest solution to all surfaces. Also, this eyeglass cleaner is a multi-purpose tool that works well on a range of items. To put it this way, Leader C-Clear is effective on all kinds of lenses, including plastic, polycarbonate and glass-lens, sunglasses, and face shields.
Available in a 16-oz bottle, this cleaning kit alleviates glare, which further improves clarity on the surface and lens. Also, this is because of features like anti-static and anti-fog coating.
13. Optix 55 Glasses Cleaner Kit
Built-in a way that eliminates grime, dirt, and bacteria, Optix 55 Glasses Cleaner Kit is equipped with a unique formula. Besides, with the AR coating, it is even safe to use on expensive glasses and lenses.
Coming with individually wrapped pre-moistened wraps, Optix 55 has little chance of scratching or eroding the surface of an item. This kit also arrives with a microfiber cloth and a screwdriver to repair any deranged item or frame. Although not tested by us, the brand markets the product as DSLR cleaner too.
14. Peeper Keepers Eyeglass Cleaner
Consisting of an 8oz spray bottle and a microfiber cloth, Peeper Keepers Eyeglass Cleaner delivers spellbinding results. With laboratory tests that verify the reliability, this cleaning spray is effectual in many areas.
Peeper Keepers Eyeglass Cleaner is effective in shedding off dirt, grease, and oil from lenses and glasses. With a microfiber cloth, this cleaning kit works well in wiping off the dust from anti-reflective lenses. The product is available in two variants – 2oz and 8oz. Both meet optical industry standards. And both are provided with a deluxe microfiber cloth.
15. Carl Zeiss Lens Cleaning Spray
With a volume of about 2 ounces, Carl Zeiss Cleaning Spray sits comfortably as your traveling partner. This cleaning spray is effective on a variety of surfaces, including TV, smartphones, laptops, and more.
To effectively remove those annoying smudges, dirt, and oil, you need to gently wipe the lens surface. Repeat the process regularly for better results. Infused with ammonia-free formula, this gives you a spotless surface guarantee. Moreover, Carl Zeiss is also suitable for non-glare and AR lens coating.
How to clean your glasses?
- Wash your hands: Make sure your hands are clean thoroughly. Also, your hands need to be dust, dirt-free, and dry too. Never allow anything to transfer from your hands to the lens. We recommend using lotion-free soap or dishwashing liquid with a cloth that is lint-free to wipe your hands.
- Rinse glasses with lukewarm water: Never use hot water to clean your lens. It damages the eyeglass coating. Instead, use lukewarm water. Rinse your eyeglass’ lens with lukewarm water to remove dust particles and avoid scratches after cleaning.
- Apply a cleaner: Apply a drop or two of the glass cleaner to each lens.
- Gently rub the lens: This is the important part. Make sure you clean every part of your glass, including the pads, temples, and lens edges. Take time and clean every possible corner.
- Rinse thoroughly: Rinse the lens and make sure it’s free from the cleaner entirely. Leaving behind traces of these cleaner can cause the lens to smear.
- Shake the glass after cleaning: Make sure you get rid of all the remaining water particles from the lens after cleaning.
- Dry the lens: Carefully, dry the lens of your glass. Use a lint-free towel that is clean and free from oil, lotion, and dirt. The cloth must be spotless, or else it can cause scratches to your lens.
- Check the lens once done: Make sure your lens is clean. Check again for any residues. Be particular that the cleaning has to be done perfectly. If found any, remove them carefully.
Homemade Eyeglass Cleaner Recipe
As you’ve shunned enough dollars for your glasses, you might struggle to afford a high-end eyeglass cleaner. Follow the process below to make your own cleaner with the help of following eyeglass cleaner ingredients:
- Half cup of water
- Half cup of rubbing alcohol or witch hazel
- One dry liquid soap or dishwashing liquid
Blend the ingredients in a spray bottle and apply on both sides of your glasses. Wipe them neatly and dry using a microfiber cloth. It is recommended not to use the spray directly on a screen, as the liquid can damage the internal components of the monitor.
However, you can apply the mixture onto a microfiber cloth and use it onto the screen. Make sure you dry those spaces post cleaning the screen.
Homemade Eyeglass Cleaners using vinegar: Mix clean water and white vinegar in a compact-sized spray bottle. Close the bottle and shake until they are entirely combined.
Vinegar will remove skin oils from the lenses’ surface, which helps in cleaning the lens easily and quickly. In case there are few smears or streaks left, sprinkle the mixture to give you more clarity. And that was a smile step-by-step procedure to make your own homemade eyeglass cleaner.
Keeping your eyewear clean is a part that seeks your attention to every detail. If not, it is going to cost you more than the initial purchase for repairing that eyewear.
Recommend you to keep your eyewear always inside a protecting pouch. Also, clean your glasses carefully and frequently to make sure your product is in good condition. Our favourites from the list would be the Vius Premium Lens Cleaner and the iSonic CSGJ01-8 OZx2 Eyeglass Cleaner — two of the most effective cleaning solutions available on the market.
Please note that the products and the specifications mentioned in this article are completely based on the information available on the internet. If you have better options than the ones we have mentioned, we would like to know that. Please feel free to comment below with your feedback and suggestions.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Can I use vinegar to clean my glass lens?
No. You clearly are not supposed to use vinegar to clean your glass surfaces. But, alcohol does help you to a certain extent. However, it is recommended to use a glass cleaning solution for your product’s safety.
2. Can I make my glass cleaning solution?
Yes, but with the help of a few ingredients. There are a ton of tutorials available online that can guide you in preparing your glass cleaning solution. Beware that there might also be a few that mislead you into buying a few of their ingredients.
3. Is it necessary to use a microfiber cloth for cleaning?
It is essential to pick a microfiber cloth to clean the glass surfaces. Never pick paper towels, napkins, or any piece of fabric other than microfiber, as the risk of attracting scratches is high.
4. Are glass cleaning solutions safe for glass with a protective coating?
Most of the cleaning solutions available in the market are designed for taking care of glass with protective coatings. Choose the cleaner that specifies the surface it works well with.
If you are fond of machines, then there are numerous devices that may help annihilate dirt and smudges from your eyeglass. There’s one such machine you can try: Ultrasonic Eyeglass and Lens Cleaner — this is arguably the best eyeglass cleaning machine in the market.
5. How to clean eyeglasses with the anti-reflective coating?
Below is a simple guide to caring for your eyeglasses with anti-reflective coating:
- Pick a case: To safeguard your glass’ anti-reflective coating from scratches and nicks, you are advised to get a highly-protective case.
- Use a quality cloth: No matter how safely you store your glasses, they tend to attract streaks. Pick a fabric, and not just any, but a quality microfiber cloth. Select a microfiber cloth that is lauded for its effectiveness in cleaning glasses and not scratching.
- Make them wet: Prior to cleaning your glasses, get your lenses wet with some warm water before wiping it off with a microfiber cloth.